The early childhood approach
The early childhood approach can help you to get information and access to supports if you have concerns about your child’s development.
The early childhood approach aims to help your child join in daily activities and participate in your community.
Our specialist early childhood team will also let you know about other services in your community that may be able to support you.
Accessing our services
The early childhood approach supports children younger than 7 with developmental delay or disability in the North East Melbourne, Hume Moreland, Western Melbourne, Brimbank Melton and Bayside Peninsula areas.
Our early childhood team will:
- Have a conversation with you to work out what support is best for your child and family.
- Provide early connections that may include:
- Connecting you to services and activities in your community such as playgroups, health services, childcare.
- Giving you information to help you understand more about your child’s development.
- Helping you to apply for the NDIS if your child is eligible and this is what you would like to do.
- Offering you early supports if your child is younger than 6 with developmental concerns. Our team can work with you to support the goals you have for your child in everyday activities.
Contact our early childhood team
- Phone:1300 275 634
- Email: ECEI.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Locations:
- 293 High Street, Preston
- 1H Homemaker Centre, 1185 – 1197 Pascoe Vale Road, Broadmeadows
- 38 Playne Street, Frankston
- 19 Corporate Drive, Heatherton
- 27-35 Byron Street, Footscray
- 367 – 369 High St, Melton
- Ground Floor, 326 Keilor Road, Niddrie
- Level 1, 236 Hoppers Lane, Werribee