Our approach to working with people with disability focuses on building a sense of wellbeing and autonomy. We recognise the importance of family, friends, carers, and community.
Local Area Coordination has an emphasis on individual and family empowerment, choice, community capacity building and a person-centred, strengths-based approach.
Our team of Local Area Coordinators:
- Support all people with disability to connect with community and mainstream services, regardless of their eligibility to become a participant in the NDIS.
- Work alongside people with disability and their families, supporting them to apply to the NDIS and use their NDIS plan.
- Build relationships in local communities to help them become more accessible and inclusive for all people with disability.
What are community connections?
Community connections are all about helping people find the supports they need in their local community.
Community connections can include things like:
- Help to access information.
- How to access mainstream and community supports, or peer groups.
Our team of Local Area Coordinators can support you to create a Community Connections plan if you want one.
A Community Connections plan is a summary of all the information you discuss with BSL as your local NDIS Partner. A Community Connections plan is different to a NDIS plan because it does not include funding to purchase supports.
Learn more about Community Connections:
For further information on how your Local Area Coordinator (LAC) can assist you, call us on 1300 275 634 or email BSL@ndis.gov.au