The role of the Local Area Coordinator (LAC) is to assist people to navigate the NDIS. As part of this, we provide planning and coordination for people with disability to maximise the choice and control over the services they use. This includes supporting people with disability to navigate mainstream services and increase their capability to be an active part of their community.
For those who meet Access Requirements, our Local Area Coordinators will assist you to:
Get ready for your plan:
- Pre-planning workshops – held at all Brotherhood LAC offices.
- Pre-planning packs – can be sent out prior to the planning conversation meeting.
Develop your plan:
- Help you to work out your goals and identify the supports you need to help reach those goals. The information gathered will help to develop a plan that meets your needs based on your identified goals.
Get your plan going:
- Once your plan has been approved, your Local Area Coordinator will work with you to help you get your supports set up and working. They might help you to set up your MyGov and NDIA portal account and show you how to set up a service booking.
Keep in touch with you, if you need help with your plan:
- Your LAC will keep in touch with you and check in to see how things are going once your plan is implemented.
For further information on how your Local Area Coordinator can assist you, visit the NDIS website or call us on 1300 BSL NDIS to find out more.